11 Reasons Why You Should Use WordPress to Build Your Website?
WordPress, which was launched back in 2003, has become the most popular CMS in the world. It is used by over 74 million websites and also a favorite among businesses. In this article, you will find out why there are so many entrepreneurs or blogger are using WordPress to built their Online Business. There must be a reason. Let’s read further.
11 reasons why you should use WordPress to build your website:
#1 It won’t cost you anything
WordPress is absolutely free and you never have to worry about dealing with hidden charges even as your website traffic grows. Moreover, it’s open source which means you can change the source code to customize your site to fit your needs.
#2 It’s powerful
WordPress can be used right after installation. It’s a one-click installation for the core features of your website.
#3 It offers flexibility
WordPress’ flexibility is another feature that very few website builders can beat, if at all. Whether you are looking to build a blog or a big e-commerce site, it is versatile enough to meet your needs through its wide range of features and plugins.
#4 It’s SEO-friendly
Major search engines like WordPress sites because its structure is easy to crawl. Even Matt Cutts endorsed in 2009.
#5 It is equipped with security features
WordPress takes website security very seriously and it constantly updates its software to keep hackers at bay. And since version 3.7 was released, WordPress already an automatic update feature.
#6 WordPress sites are customizable
WordPress offers thousands of plugins and themes which makes it very easy to customize your site in the way you like including its features and appearance.
#7 It has a huge community
The WordPress community is really large and if you have any questions or problems they can help you troubleshoot the issue in the forums. Or you can also contact their helpdesk.
#8 It’s easy to use
It doesn’t matter if this is your first time building a website or you don’t know anything about coding and design. WordPress is very easy to use. The platform is intuitive and user-friendly, and learning the basics will only take a few minutes.
#9 It offers responsive themes
These days, you need a website that is compatible with mobile screens because a lot of people now browse the Internet from their smartphones and tablets. The good news is, WordPress is already mobile friendly.
#10 Easy integration of additional features
If you want to launch an email campaign for your business, you can easily integrate MailChimp or Aweber on your WP site. WordPress also works with the most reliable and reputable payment gateways so you can sell products or services directly on your website.
#11 You’re not limited to a single hosting service
With WordPress, you can switch to another web hosting service without any problem and you can do it without suffering too much downtown. WordPress works with just about every server so it’s really convenient and hassle-free for anyone whose hosting needs might change in the future.
Although there are definitely many reasons to use WordPress, it’s not without drawbacks. Here are the common issues cited by those who have at one point or another owned a WP site.
1. To modify your website, you’ll need some knowledge of PHP. Removing a date field, for example, requires a little understanding of PHP language.
2. Secondly, to modify the graphics, you need to know a bit about HTML and CSS. Most templates for the homepage look very similar to each other and if you want to have a more unique-looking page, you need to know more about CSS and HTML.
3. WordPress also needs more plugins to compete with Drupal or Joomla. But the problem is that the plugins affect the efficiency of the script negatively. Moreover, nearly all plugins available have a clone which means any given functionality can be added by different plugins.
4. There are also issues with PHP Security. The script doesn’t seem to be as protected as other applications.
5. The formatting for the tables and graphics are more complicated than Joomla and other applications.
Choosing the Right Website Builder
Websites should not be complicated affairs which are why many tools today aim to make the whole process easier for everyone. If you want to find the right website builder, make sure it meets the minimum requirements which are:
- Ease of use: There should be a very small learning curve for creating your website. It should also not require any technical knowledge to set up and maintain your site.
- Customization: Some people require the most basic website features, while others consider advanced features necessary. Pick a website builder that offers the level of customization you need and enables your site to evolve as your needs change.
- Portability: At some point, you may outgrow your current site. So make sure you pick a website builder that gives you the option to transfer your website content to another platform if needed.
- Cost: You should choose a website builder that has the features you’re looking for but at the same time, it should be reasonably priced so you can actually make a profit from your website.
As someone who has been on the Internet marketing scene for a few years now, I’ve tried several website builders for the dozens of websites I’ve built over the years. WordPress is a good platform and I recommend it for newbies because it’s really easy to use and you can have your website up and run in a flash. When I first started out creating my first website I used drag and drop platform to built my site until I discovered WordPress thereafter. I was a bit unlucky though and have to go through the process. I wish I found WordPress a little bit earlier.
But after a while, my needs grew. Suddenly, I wanted a website builder that offers top notch security features and excellent templates. While WP has thousands of themes to choose from, I know many others use the same themes due to the high number of WP sites online. I wanted mine to be truly different, to stand out. That’s when I came across SiteRubix. This platform is very, very secure and their websites are monitored 24-7. It’s also incredibly fast and powerful, which is great for SEO. I’ve been using SiteRubix for a long time now and have not looked back since.
WordPress is great for beginners but if you’re serious about creating a successful business online, SiteRubix is the way to go.
So are you using WordPress? Which Platform or Builder are you using for your website? Let’s discuss by leaving yours at the comment area below.